Sunday, February 6, 2011

Air Ace Picture Library Comic Book Advertising



Just what does FROG stand for? Well when I was  growing up we thought these kits were the new kids on the block. They were new and looked better than either the standard Arifix or Revell kits.

For some reason my school cronies and I believed that FROG where made in France and it wasn't until many years later that I learnt that FROG stands for "Flies Right Off the Ground." The company originally made flying aircraft models and hence the name.

A little digging around on the internet and I've discovered that the company predates my adventures into plastic model kit making by 40 years. There's more about information about the firm and the model kits at this website http://www.frogpenguin.com/ Sadly it hasn't been updated in a number of years. However it is still well worth a look.

This particular scan is from the inside front cover of Air Ace Picture Library 483 One Moment of Glory, published January 1970.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite