Thursday, November 15, 2012

Cover of the Week War at Sea 15 Crash Dive

There's more to life than growing a mo you know I hear you say...

So time for a cover of the week...hooray!
 
This simple, yet dramatic, cover certainly gets the job done.
 
Submarine, or should that be U-boat, number 45 is clearly in some distress as it dodges depth charges. However something is just not right with this picture. It took me some time to figure it out but I think I have the answer. The more I look at submarine 45 the more I realise it looks more like a blue whale than a machine of war. I'm not saying that's a bad thing but it almost, well...looks friendly if you know what I mean.
 
I'm not feeling particularly critical at the moment so I won't be too harsh when it comes to giving this a rating - after all whales need all the help we can give them.

Like I said before there's a nice sense of drama in this cover. The masthead is bit simple and the title is lacking some "oomph!" as well as an exclamation mark.Definitely not a 9 or 10 by any stretch of the imagination but a good solid workman like 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite