Tuesday, June 5, 2012

Meanwhile over at Silver and Bronze Age Subjects...

Enemy Ace finds himself in a spot of bother. I always thought the world didn't discover colour until I was born. I had plenty of evidence. When I was growing up TV was in black and white, photos were in black and white and my pocket war comics were in black and white.

However Americans were set to challenge my world view by producing comics in colour!

Over at Silver and Bronze Age Subjects the discussion turns to glorious colour, the comics and the artists who brought them to life.

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for the link! You are so right about the effect of colour on the experience of reading comics. The current generation will never understand how exciting four colour comics were to a generation reared on black and white tv and weekly shades of grey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Youth!
    I remember owning a copy or two of the Unknown Soldier - it was there that I was introduced to the Enemy Ace.
    Colour was a big deal!
    Cheers

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite