Tuesday, March 12, 2013

Comic Book Collecting

As my collection slowly makes it way past 600 (too many for some not enough for others) time for some reflection. Where do these things comes from? There was a time, not too long ago, when I was able to build the bulk of my collection from second hand book stores and book exchanges. Sadly these are getting harder to find. I always had an overwhelming urge to rearrange the caches I would find in the semblance of some order. As these haunts have closed down they have been replaced by the Internet which is not a bad thing at all. However I often think that somewhere out there is a rambling second hand bookstore with a good number of the missing issues I've been looking for. I can't but help think that somewhere in England, probably, such a place exists. However as I am on the other side of the planet the chances of stumbling past this fine imagined and yearned for establishment isn't going too happen to soon.

After experimenting with different forms of storage, all of them inadequate, I realised that pocket war comics are about the size of a DVD case. This epiphany has saved me a lot of angst. My collection resides in a number of long DVD plastic storage tubs. The tubs have lids, handles and are stackable. Which makes sorting, resorting, finding and replacing so much easier.

As I was saying my collection is tipping the 600 point I must settle down to read my new prize.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite