Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Cover of the Week War Picture Library 270 At Bayonet Point


I feel a gruesome interpretation of the title would have been more apt. However given the times it may not have been appropriate or warranted. Still the cover of War Picture Library 270 At Bayonet Point proves that it is always more sensible and favourable to give rather than to receive.

I love the tight palette of colours used for this cover and the use of highlights behind the lead figure. Even though he doesn't look overly driven by blood lust he remains equally menacing - but strangely not overly threatening. However he should be terrifying given his actions and the situation in which he is plying his trade - but he lacks character. In fact the more I look at him the more I find him to be a little bit bland.
The best I can give is 7/10.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Comic Blog Elite